One in four high school students have tried vaping in the past 30 days. Some believe that it’s a safe alternative to smoking, but is that true? Do we know enough about the risks? Hear the latest from a panel of experts and join the conversation about the health effects of vaping.
Presented in partnership with Lawson Health Research Institute, this community event includes a series of small presentations followed by a panel discussion featuring the team that published the first reported case of vaping-related lung injury in Canada.
- Dr. Karen Bosma, Critical Care Specialist, London Health Sciences Centre, Associate Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute and Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Grace Parraga, PhD, Scientist, Robarts Research Institute and Professor, Medical Biophysics, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Carly Weeks, Health Reporter, The Globe and Mail
- Dr. Constance Mackenzie, Assistant Professor, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, Western University and Assistant Medical Director, Ontario/Manitoba/Nunavut Poison Centre, Hospital for Sick Children.
- Suraj Paul, Aliana Manji, and Morgan Seabrook, Human Environments Analysis Laboratory Youth Advisory Council (HEALYAC)
This event is free for all to attend. Registration is required.