Has there ever been a year in recent history with more obstacles than this one? Let’s face it, 2020 has been a year full of challenges, but overcoming obstacles isn’t new for municipal governments. Even before COVID-19, we’ve always been on the frontline making sure we deliver the very best in services for our residents and businesses.
While the pandemic means we can’t get together in person for the annual Western University Local Government Alumni Conference, we’ll still be offering plenty of learning and networking opportunities for you and your colleagues. Join us from your office, your living room, wherever you have your computer for for the Western Master of Public Administration Local Government Conference, hosted by the Western MPA Alumni Association. All current and emerging local government leaders are welcome. You do not need to be an alumnus of the program to attend.
- Janette Smith, City Manager, City of Hamilton
- Local Government in the Age of Black Lives Matter: How Do We Address Systemic Racism in Local Government?
- Women in Local Government: Meeting the Challenges and Opportunities of Gender Equity in the Workplace
- Governing During a Pandemic: Covid-19 and Virtual Meetings
- Local Government Obstacles and Opportunities: Then and Now
- Local Government Program Alumni Society Award of Excellence
- Five Minute Theses
- Andy Sancton’s Book List
Registration is $20 per person. Please register in advance to receive the conference login details.