Grab your favourite beverage, sit back and enjoy our 2nd annual Create/Collaborate! Virtual Coffeehouse, presented by the Faculty of Arts & Humanities, the Don Wright Faculty of Music and the Faculty of Information & Media Studies. The virtual coffeehouse features a variety of collaborative musical, spoken and creative performances from alumni, students, and faculty.
Participating Collaborators are:
- Jonathan Bouchard, BMus’19 with Music Students Henry Cobb-Howes, Andrew Kosty and Josh Milligan
- Basil Chiasson, Assistant Professor, FIMS
- Ivan Coyote, Alice Munro Chair in Creativity
- Ensemble Made In Canada - Sharon Wei, BMus’00 (Performance) Associate Professor, Viola and Angela Park, Assistant Professor, Piano and Collaborative Piano
- Genevieve Fisher, BMus’14 (Popular Music & First Nations Studies)
- Mina Gerges, BA'16 (FIMS - Media & the Public Interest) - Model, Actor, & Influencer
- Sarah Hamilton, BMus’86
- Jamie Hillman, BMus’05 (Music Education)
- Sally Kewayosh, BA'04 (Film Studies) - Indigenous Creative Production and Teaching Professor (FIMS)
- Michael Kim, Dean, Don Wright Faculty of Music
- Ashley Li, BSc’22, Student-Writer-In-Residence
- Public Libraries Collaboration - Dr. Pam Mckenzie, FIMS Professor (MA ’89 & PhD ‘01, Library & Information Science) & Erin Isings, FIMS Lecturer (Honors BA French Language/Literature ‘00; MA Journalism ’07)
- Tiffanie Samuels, BMus’19 (Voice) (performance name Sam Dominique)
- Jessica Sherman, BMus’02 (Voice) with arrangement and piano accompaniment from Peter Cavell, BMus’04 (Piano)
- Sharon Sliwinski, Professor, FIMS
- Henry Svec, MA’06 (Media Studies), PhD’13 (Media Studies)
- Paul Vermeersch, BA’96
- Voices of Broadway - Julie Pietrangelo BMus’75, BEd’76, Steve Morley, BMusA ’01, Jim Smythe, BMus’75, BEd’76 & Greg Mainprize
- Western University Jazz Ensemble (2020/21)
A live talkback with Lisa Henderson, Dean, Faculty of Information & Media Studies, Michael Kim, Dean, Don Wright Faculty of Music and Michael Milde, Dean, Faculty of Arts & Humanities will follow the performances. Our emcee will be Andrea Benoit, PhD’14 (Media Studies). Andrea is the winner of the 2020 National Business Book Award for her book, VIVA M·A·C: AIDS, Fashion, and the Philanthropic Practices of M·A·C Cosmetics.
A Zoom link will be emailed to you upon registration.
Western Alumni is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact us if you have any particular accommodation requirements or require information in an alternate format.